Last week I had some downtime due to Spring Break with the family and I got to thinking about several strategic initiatives. In my mind, I went through a number of current projects and did something of a “five whys” exercise to better evaluate things. After thinking about it more, I believe startups would do well to step back and ponder these 7 quick ‘whys’ on a regular basis:
- Why are we doing this?
- Why is now the right time to do this?
- Why are we going to win?
- Why aren’t we doing even better?
- Why do employees want to work here?
- Why is this the right product?
- Why do customers love us?
It’s easy to get caught in the weeds of working in the business and not spending enough time stepping back and working on it. Asking why more frequently helps frame the thinking in a more strategic manner.
View original post 12 more words